Latest Jennifer S. Holland Stories
Lee Rannals for RedOrbit.com Jennifer S. Holland paints a beautiful picture of Australia's Great Barrier Reef in her writing in May's National Geographic Magazine. Holland places you into the ocean with her words, and tugs at your heart by describing the complexities of the Great Barrier Reef and what it has overcome. The intricacy of how life takes shape in this unique part of the ocean is uncanny, and it has bewildered all who have visited it for generations. If there is anything you do...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.