Latest Jenny Kendall Stories
By FITZSIMONS, Tom MODERN medicine has meant everything from heart transplants to powerful new drugs, but one great hurdle has long remained -- hospital gowns that bare all. The draughty exposure problem -- humiliating for those already at a low point -- has bothered Wellington theatre nurse Jenny Kendall for two years. Now, she says, patients can finally relax. Her solution, inspired by Pacific Island lavalavas, was a piece of cloth that could be wound around the waist -- under the...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.