Latest Jeremy Boyce Stories
April Flowers for redOrbit.com - Your Universe Online Scientists studying the mineral apatite may have overestimated the amount of water present in the moon, according to a new study led by the University of California Los Angeles (UCLA) Department of Earth, Planetary and Space Sciences. In order to accurately predict how apatite would have crystallized from cooling bodies of lunar magma early in the moon's history, Jeremy Boyce led a team of researchers to develop a new computer model....
That dry, dusty moon overhead? Seems it isn't quite as dry as it's long been thought to be. Although you won't find oceans, lakes, or even a shallow puddle on its surface, a team of geologists at the California Institute of Technology (Caltech), working with colleagues at the University of Tennessee, has found structurally bound hydroxyl groups (i.e., water) in a mineral in a lunar rock returned to Earth by the Apollo program. Their findings are detailed in this week's issue of the journal...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.