Latest Jeremy P. Tarcher Inc. Stories
NEW YORK, April 7 /PRNewswire/ -- Tom Clancy, #1 international bestselling author, bestselling videogame presenter and one of the preeminent and most prescient storytellers of our time, has written a modern-day techno-thriller like nothing he has ever done before called Dead or Alive. The eagerly-awaited novel will be published by G. P. Putnam's Sons in the U. S. and by Michael Joseph in the U.K. on December 7, 2010, it was announced today by David Shanks, CEO of Penguin Group (USA) and...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.