Latest Jessica Tierney Stories
[ Watch the Video: What is Global Warming ] redOrbit Staff & Wire Reports - Your Universe Online Researchers from the University of Hawaii at Manoa and Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution are looking to events of the past to better understand how rainfall patterns across the Indo-Pacific warm pool — the massive pool of warm water stretching along the equator from Africa to the western Pacific Ocean — will change due to global warming. As part of their study, Pedro...
Lake Tanganyika, the second oldest and the second-deepest lake in the world, could be in for some rough waters. Geologists led by Brown University have determined the east African rift lake has experienced unprecedented warming during the last century, and its surface waters are the warmest on record. That finding is important, the scientists write in the journal Nature Geoscience, because the warm surface waters likely will affect fish stocks upon which millions of people in the region...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.