Latest Jim Purtee Stories
A Houston business owner said in his lawsuit against the city that his rights were violated by the arbitrary enforcement of city sign codes. Jim Purtee, owner of Houston Balloons & Promotions, argues in his suit that the city has been arbitrary in its enforcement of a 1993 ordinance that limited the days giant novelty balloons such as the ones he sells at his shop -- like gorillas, Santa Claus and other shapes -- could be displayed and banned the objects from bearing business-specific...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.