Latest Joanne Armstrong Stories
A drug for high-risk pregnant women that once cost between $10 to $20 per injection will next week cost $1,500 a dose, meaning the total cost during a pregnancy could be as much as $30,000. Makena, a form of progesterone given as a weekly shot, has been mixed inexpensively for years in special pharmacies that mix custom-compounds that are not federally approved, according to an Associated Press (AP) report. Doctors predict the price hike may deter low-income women from getting the treatment...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.