Latest John A. Patti Stories
RESTON, Va., Feb. 24, 2011 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Representatives from the American College of Radiology outlined strategies for transforming computed tomography (CT) technology and its use to minimize medical radiation exposure today at the National Institutes of Health "Summit to Focus on Management of Radiation Dose in Computerized Tomography - Emphasis Toward the Sub-mSv CT Exam." "As the stewards of medical radiation technology and safety for the past 100 years, radiologists...
Urges Other States to Adopt Safeguards Against Self-Referral WASHINGTON, Jan. 25, 2011 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The American College of Radiology applauds and supports the Maryland Court of Appeals decision to uphold provisions of the state's self-referral law prohibiting physicians from referring patients for MRI, CT and radiation therapy services to providers within their own group practice. The ruling represents a major victory for quality patient care and patient choice. "The...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.