Latest John Cummins Stories
A curious bull entered a supermarket in Ireland, had a good look around, and then left, the market owner said. John Cummins, who owns the Supervalu in Ballinrobe, County Mayo, on the west coast of Ireland, said the bull passed up a Tesco to enter his store, The Daily Telegraph reported Saturday. Cummins said the animal went down an aisle and back again and then left through the same door it had used to get into the store. Some of the staff ran after him when he went into the store, but they...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.