Latest John Hofmeister Stories
NEW YORK, Dec. 2, 2010 /PRNewswire/ -- Former Shell president and Citizens for Affordable Energy chief executive John Hofmeister called for a regulatory body analogous to the U.S. Federal Reserve to establish broad designs for energy policy. He made his comments in a keynote address before the fourth annual The Platts Global Energy Outlook Forum, entitled "Clean Energy: Fact or Fiction?" which was held at the McGraw-Hill headquarters in midtown Manhattan on Wednesday. "We don't get...
LUFKIN, Texas, Jan. 4 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Lufkin Industries, Inc. (Nasdaq: LUFK) announced today that John Hofmeister of Houston has been elected to its Board of Directors. Hofmeister is a former president and U.S. country chair for Shell Oil Company U.S. and a former human resources group director for Royal Dutch/Shell Group in The Hague. Previously he held various marketing, business development and human resources management positions with Allied Signal (now Honeywell) in Hong...
Former Shell Oil President John Hofmeister joins company advisors GAITHERSBURG, Md., March 2 /PRNewswire/ -- To further expand its corporate citizenship and business innovations, Sodexo, Inc., today announced the appointment of John Hofmeister, chief executive of Citizens for Affordable Energy, to the Sodexo Business Advisory Board, a group of respected leaders, academicians and entrepreneurs whose recommendations help guide the North America operations for the leading integrated food and...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.