Latest John Rensenhouse Stories
By Robert Trussell, The Kansas City Star, Mo. Jun. 27--It's always refreshing to encounter a piece of audacious theater that actually works. Paula Vogel's "Desdemona, a Play About a Handkerchief" is plenty audacious but director John Rensenhouse and three talented actresses ratchet up the audacity quotient significantly in the first production of the summer from Actors Theatre KC. Vogel's piece is basically a feminist response to Shakespeare's tragedy. She speculates on the kind of...
By Robert Trussell, The Kansas City Star, Mo. Jun. 22--John Rensenhouse wants audiences to see acting at its best -- unencumbered and pure. To prove the point, Rensenhouse is directing a no-frills production of "Desdemona, a Play About a Handkerchief," the first show this summer from Actors Theatre KC. Paula Vogel's feminist response to "Othello" is a three-character study of the different ways women seek at least minimal power in a restrictive, male-dominated culture. Desdemona...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.