Latest John Rezner Stories
Yahoo-owned GeoCities, a service that gave millions of people their first experience in creating and running a Web site, is set to close on Monday. The free service was at one time the third most popular Web destination, but saw its popularity wane in recent years as users increasingly turned to social networks such as Facebook and Twitter. GeoCities was founded in 1995 as Beverly Hills Internet, a small web-hosting firm. Yahoo acquired the company for $3.57 billion in 1999, at the apex...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.