Latest Johnson Sea Link Stories
FORT PIERCE, Fla., Dec. 12 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Waitt Institute for Discovery's CATALYST ONE expedition team sailed home aboard the R/V Seward Johnson on Wednesday energized by the discovery of three never-before identified Lophelia coral reefs. The science team, led by John Reed of the Harbor Branch Oceanographic Institute (HBOI) at Florida Atlantic University, spent six days at sea utilizing Waitt's two 6,000-meter autonomous underwater vehicles (AUVs) to remotely map the...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.