Latest Joint Center for Political and Economic Studies Stories
WASHINGTON, July 27, 2011 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Consumers should have the ability to decide how much of their personal information is available on the Internet, as well as ample opportunities to understand the purpose for which it is used, according to members of an expert panel of industry, advocacy and government leaders at a Washington forum on Internet privacy. The forum, entitled The New Digital Profile: Managing Privacy in an Evolving, Mobile Internet, was sponsored on Tuesday...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.