Latest Jolee Bacon Stories
LEWISTON, Idaho (AP) -- Jolee Bacon really sizzles when it comes to hog-calling. The northern Idaho woman took first place Saturday in the competition at the Nez Perce County Fair. She has raised several champion pigs for 4-H contests. Bacon says she calls pigs every morning and night with her 9-year-old daughter, Jacey. Bacon won the crowd over as she started her hog call with a few loud snorts and a long, drawn-out "sooey." (c) 2008 Deseret News (Salt Lake City). Provided by ProQuest...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.