Latest Jon Driver Stories
A study published on Sunday in the journal Nature Neuroscience reveals that people who are optimistic about the outcome of events tend to learn only from information that reinforces their point-of-view in the world. Researchers at the Wellcome Trust Center for Neuroimaging at University College London studied 19 volunteers, showing them a series of negative life events while the team scanned brain activity using a functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI) scanner. The participants...
Twenty years after the publication of the first human study using functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI)* - a technique to measure activity in the brain through the flow of blood - the Wellcome Trust has published a report providing reflections on the field of human functional brain imaging. The Wellcome Trust report assesses the key developments in human functional brain imaging and examines the role it has played as a funder. Supporting neuroscience research has been a cornerstone...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.