Latest Jonathan Fisher Stories
Change has important implications for the marine ecosystem A Queen's University biologist has discovered that the shell lengths of northwest Atlantic Ocean snails "“ an important member of the Atlantic food chain "“ have increased by 22.6 per cent over the past century. Until now, this significant change in the marine ecosystem has gone unnoticed. "We found a dramatic increase in size, which could affect the entire intertidal food chain," says Jonathan Fisher, Queen's Postdoctoral...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.