Latest Jonathan Hagstrum Stories
Brett Smith for redOrbit.com — Your Universe Online Homing pigeons have been bred to find their way back to a home loft, and despite their reliability, some of these domestic birds are thrown off course from to time. In a new study, Jonathan Hagstrum, from the US Geological Survey (USGS), set out to find why pigeons released from a certain part of New York State always seem to have problems finding their way back home. Hagstrum´s findings, which were recently published in...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.