Latest Jonathan M. Rothberg Stories
Lee Rannals for redOrbit.com - Your Universe Online Life Technologies Corporation announced it plans to compete for the $10 million X PRIZE by being the first to rapidly and accurately sequence 100 whole human genomes at $1,000 a pop. The healthy competition will help jump start the world's first clinical standard that will transform genome sequencing into usable medical information to improve diagnostics and treatments. The team competing will use the company's new bench top Ion...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.