Latest Jorge Montt Glacier Stories
Chilean authorities arrested a man for stealing ice from the Jorge Montt glacier. The stolen ice was being taken to Santiago, Chile in order to be used as designer ice cubes in upscale restaurants and bars. The stolen goods were found in the back of a refrigerated truck in Patagonia containing nearly six tons of ice worth an estimated $6,200. The crime is reported as simple theft, but authorities may tack on charges of environmental or national heritage crime. The Jorge Montt glacier is...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.