Latest Jorge Perugorría Stories
The Cuban government in Havana has honored Che star Benicio del Toro for his body of work. The Oscar-winning, Puerto Rican actor's film credits include The Usual Suspects, Traffic and 21 Grams. His two-part epic Che, in which he portrays Argentine revolutionary Ernesto Che Guevara, reportedly was well-received in Cuba last year. Guevara helped Fidel Castro take control of Cuba a half-century ago. The BBC said del Toro was presented with the inaugural Tomas Gutierrez Alea prize at a ceremony...
By Associated Press TORONTO -- Steven Soderbergh's Che Guevara film biography "Che" has found a U.S. distributor that will release it in theaters this December to qualify for the Academy Awards. IFC Films announced Wednesday it acquired domestic rights to the two-part, 4 1/2-hour saga, which stars Benicio Del Toro as the Argentine doctor who became one of the heroes of Fidel Castro's Cuban revolution. The film will play a one-week qualifying run in Los Angeles and New York in December...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.