Latest Joseph Bivona Stories
By Luther Turmelle, New Haven Register, Conn. Jul. 22--WALLINGFORD -- The Board of Education has promoted a veteran educator to oversee the district's program for students with special needs. The board voted unanimously Monday night to hire Janice Lautier as the district's director of personnel for compensatory education services. She replaces Joseph Bivona, who retired at the end of June after 25 years in the position. "I'm really excited about this opportunity," said Lautier, who has...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.