Latest Julia O'Sullivan Stories
Five million students will return to Canadian schools this month. If nothing changes at least a million will fail to graduate high school. The fact that children who do not read well by the end of Grade 3 are at risk of dropping out or failing to graduate is one of the grim conclusions made in a report released by the Canadian Education Statistics Council. The report, "Literature Review: Key factors to support literacy success in school-aged population" was prepared by principal investigator...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.