Latest Kaleida Stories
By Jonathan D. Epstein, The Buffalo News, N.Y. Jul. 3--The Buffalo Niagara region has been ranked by a national health care information company as the nation's best market for the value of hospital care. The region beat out 97 other metropolitan areas, including Boston, New York City, Philadelphia, Cleveland, Chicago and Washington, D. C., many of which are renowned for their health care and hospitals. "That's one of the reasons I came to Buffalo: Great hospitals, great community and...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.