Latest Karat Stories
The Greater Kansas City Food Policy Coalition is kicking off the “Karat Gold” program and encouraging couples to forgo the chocolates this year and go to restaurants that use locally sourced food. Kansas City, MO (PRWEB) February 13, 2013 Area eateries have better access to fresh, local food thanks to the launch of the Greater Kansas City Food Policy Coalition´s (GKCFPC) “Karat Gold” program. The program, free for participants, connects restaurants,...
Like many women, I've collected an assortment of gold jewelry over the years, and some of it I never wear anymore. Recently, I decided it was time to join the growing number of people who are taking advantage of skyrocketing gold prices to turn old bling into fast cash. Certainly, the time is ripe. On Tuesday, gold closed at $963.90 an ounce - up 15 percent since the beginning of the year, and 52 percent since the end of 2006. The last time gold prices soared like this was 1980, when the...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.