Latest Karl Unterkircher Stories
An Italian climber said he and his partner are OK after being rescued from a mountain in Pakistan where they were stranded for days. Walter Nones and Simon Kehrer attempted descending the mountain after their leader died last week but their efforts were hampered by severe weather, the Italian news service ANSA reported Thursday. "We're OK, we're OK. There was a small avalanche (Wednesday) but we were able to ski on this morning,'' Nones told Agostino Da Polenza, head of Italy's Himalayan...
ISLAMABAD (Reuters) - A search party has found the body of one of Latin America's leading climbers, who went went missing 10 days ago on Pakistan's Nanga Parbat, the world's ninth-highest peak, a diplomat said on Saturday. Jose Antonio Delgado, a 41-year-old Venezuelan, became stranded in bad weather at a height of 24,280 feet (7,400 meters) during his ascent of "The Killer Mountain," as Nanga Parbat is otherwise known. "All the elements suggest it is the body of Jose Antonio...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.