Latest Kathy Finch Stories
December slowest month with greatest need, experts say HealthDayNews -- In the spirit of holiday giving, you might consider donating blood. December is typically the slowest month for blood donations, but it's also the time of year when it's critical to have an adequate supply of blood, according to Kathy Finch, clinical operations director of the Duke University Hospital emergency department. There are a number of reasons why blood donations slow to a trickle in December. "Everybody's busy,...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.