Latest Kathy Rogala Stories
By Kathy Rogala It's an unusual place to grow up and older, at a cancer hospital. But that's exactly what I have done with my life at Roswell Park Cancer Institute. Let me explain. In 1981, as a bright-eyed 20-year-old, I started as a registered nurse at Roswell Park, working on the breast cancer floor. I was flush with optimism, energy and a sense of infallibility. The future was wide open. Working the night shift for the next six years, I handed out pain pills, hung IV bags of...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.