Latest Katrina Kremer Stories
Lawrence LeBlond for redOrbit.com - Your Universe Online Scientists have found evidence of a deadly tsunami that inundated coastal Switzerland in AD 563 after a rockfall near the River Rhone swept Lake Geneva. A wall of water 42 feet high crashed the shore, destroying villages along the coast and killing people and livestock, according to historical accounts of the incident. Scientists now say that Geneva and Lausanne remain vulnerable to similar events today, as do other cities on the...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.