Latest Kenai Stories
Kenai Heli Ski opens in February, guaranteeing 100,000 vertical feet. SELDOVIA, Alaska (PRWEB) October 10, 2012 Thrill seekers have a new option when helicopter skiing in Alaska. Based in Seldovia, Alaska, Kenai Heli Ski is opening its doors in February 2013. “Some of the world´s most remote and exclusive terrain, in Alaska´s Kenai Mountains, is now available to skiers and snowboards,” said Kenai Heli Ski´s co-owner Njord Rota. “In good weather or bad, we...
Kenai Fjords National Park is located in south-central Alaska along the Kenai Peninsula. The park holds 669,984 acres of protected land and is very near the city of Seward. It was named for its many fjords, which were created by moving glaciers that traveled through the Harding Icefield, one of America’s largest ice fields. There are at least 38 glaciers in the park with the largest being Bear Glacier. The efforts to establish the Kenai Fjords area as a national park began between the...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.