Quantcast
Last updated on April 19, 2014 at 18:42 EDT

Latest Kerosene heater Stories

2013-10-20 16:20:13

Gov. Snyder Issues Safety Proclamation JACKSON, Mich., Oct. 20, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- As leaves fall and colder weather signals the start-up of furnaces across Michigan, Consumers Energy urges residents to protect themselves against carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning. The toxic gas is colorless, odorless and tasteless, and can be produced when home appliances aren't operating or venting properly. Gov. Rick Snyder has declared Oct. 20 through Oct. 26 "Carbon Monoxide Safety and Awareness Week" in...

2012-11-27 08:28:22

MINNEAPOLIS, Nov. 27, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- As the heating season begins, owners of multi-family homes in California have an added reason to make sure carbon monoxide (CO) detectors are installed in their properties: the Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Prevention Act, which requires multi-family homes to install carbon monoxide detectors within the home by January 1, 2013. A recent study found that in California only one in ten homes have CO detectors and nationally, only 34 percent of homes have...

2012-11-01 07:25:35

JACKSON, Mich., Nov. 1, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Falling temperatures signal to Michigan residents that heating season has arrived, and with it comes an increased risk of carbon monoxide dangers. That's why Gov. Rick Snyder has joined with Consumers Energy and declared Oct. 28 - Nov. 3 "Michigan Carbon Monoxide Safety and Awareness Week." Consumers Energy reminds home and business owners to take preventive measures now that will provide protection against carbon monoxide (CO), a toxic gas that...

2012-01-17 20:45:00

Amica Insurance reminds everyone to use space heaters, pellet and woodstoves and other alternative heating sources safely. Make sure your heating source is properly installed and ventilated to prevent fires and carbon monoxide poisoning. And if you´re using a woodstove or fireplace to heat your home, make sure your chimney has been cleaned and inspected for cracks and creosote buildup. Never leave fires or portable heaters unattended. Lincoln, RI (PRWEB) January 17, 2012 Many people...

2011-10-24 08:47:00

JACKSON, Mich., Oct. 24, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- The deaths last week of a Corunna couple vacationing at their cottage in the Upper Peninsula because of suspected carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning is a tragic reminder of the importance of the dangers of exposure to this toxic gas. To help increase awareness of CO, its signs, symptoms and how to prevent it, Consumers Energy and Governor Rick Snyder have partnered to declare October 24-30 as Carbon Monoxide Safety and Awareness Week in Michigan....

2010-01-13 12:03:00

BOCA RATON, Fla., Jan. 13 /PRNewswire/ -- According to the U.S. Fire Administration, people over the age of 65 have a home fire death rate nearly twice the national average. For those over 75, that risk nearly triples. These statistics are alarming, especially when researchers estimate that by the year 2030, there will be more than 70 million senior Americans. In Canada, the Office of the Ontario Fire Marshall reports that seniors over the age of 65 accounted for 30 percent of all fire...

2010-01-12 10:18:00

BOCA RATON, Fla., Jan. 12 /PRNewswire/ -- According to the U.S. Fire Administration, people over the age of 65 have a home fire death rate nearly twice the national average. For those over 75, that risk nearly triples. These statistics are alarming, especially when researchers estimate that by the year 2030, there will be more than 70 million senior Americans. In Canada, the Office of the Ontario Fire Marshall reports that seniors over the age of 65 accounted for 30 percent of all fire...

2008-12-02 11:13:00

WASHINGTON, Dec. 2 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- As heating costs rise and temperatures dip, energy costs are on everybody's mind. Portable electric heaters can be an efficient way to warm your room or supplement central heating; however, if not used properly, they can be a fire or electric shock hazard. According to a National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) study, there are about 3000 portable heater fires annually. Of those fires, most were caused by improper use. The Association of...