Latest kinetic energy Stories
Most animals don't think anything of breaking into a run: they switch effortlessly from walking to a high-speed bouncing run. But what about elephants? Their sheer size makes it impossible for them to bounce up in the air at high speeds. So how are high-speed elephants moving: are they running or walking? At a first glance, fast-moving elephants look as if they are walking, according to John Hutchinson from the Royal Veterinary College, UK. But closer analysis of elephant footfall patterns by...
M2E Power, Inc., a renewable energy design and development company, today announced the company is moving forward with the development of an external charger for mobile devices. This unique charger will be the first to harvest motion-producing electromagnetic fields, convert that motion into clean electric energy and store it for use on mobile devices. The charger, the first of a number of micro and macro power developments from M2E Power, leverages the company's patent-pending,...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.