Latest Kishimoto Stories
Venomous redback spiders, named after their fiery markings, are invading Japan's Osaka region, a wildlife expert recently warned. It is believed that that they actually arrived years ago aboard a cargo ship coming from Australia, most likely in a container of Australian woodchips. Japan Wildlife Research Centre official Toshio Kishimoto reports that as many as a dozen people have been bitten, including a 6-year-old boy in June, who received the first antivenom treatment in Japan. "Their...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.