Latest Kono District Stories
TSX-V: MNV OTC: MXVDF Frankfurt: M2Q VANCOUVER, Feb. 17 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ - Sierra Leone Projects: Mexivada Mining Corp. (MNV.V) has begun diamond mining near Koidu Town, in the heart of the famous, world class Kono mining district of Sierra Leone. Hundreds of millions of US Dollars worth of diamonds are produced from the district every year, including many fancy-colored stones. Kono is renowned for its high-quality white gem diamonds, but also yields highly attractive...
TORONTO, Nov. 12, 2008 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Sierra Gold Corporation (Pink Sheets:SGCP) announced today the acquisition of a 12 mile long concession on the Manu river in the Zimmi region with an option to expand down to the Atlantic ocean. The company has investigated the property and has discovered small coloured and clear diamonds. Also discovered was coarse gold. Coarse gold indicates proximity to the original source of the gold vein. The property is now being cleared to allow equipment to...
TORONTO, Oct. 21, 2008 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Sierra Gold Corporation (Pink Sheets:SGCP) announced today discovery of diamonds on the Sewa River with the 8" dredge purchased from a South African company. The dredging operation produced over 10 carats of diamonds valued at US$110 per carat from its initial test run. Gold has also been collected and its values are presently being assessed. This equipment has the capability to process up to 50 tons per hour. Sierra Leone is a major exporter of...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.