Latest Konstantin Tsiolkovsky Stories
Michael Harper for redOrbit.com — Your Universe Online The idea seems simple enough: to get to any place higher than where you currently stand just take the elevator. This concept, while remaining simplistic in nature, becomes rather complicated when this “higher place” is the moon. Space elevators have long been the dream for many star-gazing engineers, but so far their labors have been unfruitful. Now, one Seattle engineer believes he and his team have the right...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.