Latest Kootenai National Forest Stories
Libby Creek Ventures (LCV), based in Spirit Lake, Idaho, is pleased to announce USDA Forest Service (FS) and Montana Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ) joint issuance of an exploration license to perform targeted drilling: FS/DEQ permit is for exploration of strategic minerals in the Kootenai National Forest on mining claims held by LCV since 1984, formerly the Big John Mining Company and Rodan Company. Presently, LCV is performing feasibility studies as to a prospectus for...
The Flathead National Forest is a national forest located in the western portion of the U.S. state of Montana. It covers 2,404,935 acres of which about 1 million acres is designated wilderness. It gets its name from the Flathead Indians who resided in the area. The forest can be found in the Rocky Mountains with elevations ranging from 4,500 to 8,500 feet. The forest offers habitat for about 250 species of wildlife and 22 species of fish. This includes the threatened grizzly bear, bald eagle,...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.