Latest Koreans in Micronesia Stories
SAIPAN (Reuters) - Japanese Emperor Akihito, on apilgrimage to the U.S. territory of Saipan -- site of adecisive World War II battle -- abruptly changed his scheduleon Tuesday to visit a memorial to Koreans who died in thePacific conflict. Akihito's journey, his first trip outside Japan to payrespects to war dead, coincides with a deterioration in Japan'sties with China and South Korea, still tormented by the wartimepast 60 years later. Korean residents of Saipan had asked the emperor to...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.