Latest Kufra Stories
Authorities say hijackers remained on board a Sudanese airliner Wednesday after freeing 100 passengers at an isolated desert airport in Libya. "The two hijackers and the crew are still inside. We are continuing to negotiate with them," a Libyan official told Sky News. The Sun Air Boeing 737 was hijacked Tuesday en route from Darfur's largest city, Nyala, to Khartoum in Sudan. The hijackers are believed linked to the Sudan Liberation Army, Sky News reported. Libya gave permission for the...
Text of report by state-owned Libyan TV on 26 August [Newsreader] Sources from the Libyan civil aviation authorities said that primary information about the Sudanese hijacked plane which landed this evening at the Al-Kufrah airport to the south- east of Libya indicate that the plane had originally taken off from the Sudanese Niyala airport with 95 passengers on board. The sources told the Al-Jamahiriya News Agency's (Jana) correspondent that the Sudanese civil aviation authorities...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.