Latest Kumar Bhattacharyya Stories
A UNIVERSITY of Warwick professor is one of only 16 people - including Mother Teresa - to be awarded the Indian Institute of Technology's (IIT) highest accolade. Professor Lord Kumar Bhattacharyya, director of WMG at the University of Warwick, this week travelled to the IIT at Kharagpur to receive an honorary doctorate of sciences. There, in his acceptance speech, he predicted that patients could in future find themselves face-toface with a robot when they first arrive in hospital -...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.