Latest KwaZulu-Natal Province Stories
At least 32 people have been killed in wind-driven brush fires in the South African province of KwaZulu-Natal. Thousands of animals have also died, the South African Broadcasting Corp. reported Wednesday. More deaths were reported in Swaziland and Mozambique, the BBC said. KwaZulu-Natal, on the northeast coast of South Africa, was the region hit hardest by the fires. In addition to the toll in human life, the fires have cost millions of dollars for firefighting, relief and damage to...
Text of report by South African newspaper Sunday Times website on 23 March [Report by Bongani Mthethwa & Monica Laganparsad: "Cities Must Act Fast to Repair Damage"] Pollution has reached crisis proportions in South Africa's rivers and at least 142 of them now pose an extreme health hazard. And the reason for the dangerously high pollution levels in our rivers: the government's failure to maintain our sewerage systems. Environmental experts say they have been sounding the alarm...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.