Latest Lake Chad Stories
By Griffin, David L Abstract: This paper is based on the concept that the drainage system of c. 7.5-4.6 Ma is still reflected in the geomorphology of northeastern Chad and adjacent areas of Libya. During the Messinian and early Pliocene a large lake was present in the Chad Basin that is termed Neogene Lake Chad. It fluctuated in size in response to the precessional cycle and at times overflowed to the east, NE or north, giving rise to the Sahabi rivers. The Eosahabi flowed during the...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.