Latest Lake Nicaragua Stories
MANAGUA (Reuters) - Nicaragua banned freshwater fishing of bull sharks and sawfish on Tuesday because of alarming population declines, and said it wants neighboring Costa Rica to impose a similar prohibition. Overfishing in the San Juan River that forms much of the border with Costa Rica has reduced the number of both marine animals to dangerously low levels, Nicaraguan agriculture officials said. The Nicaraguan ban on harvesting of the two types of fish, which can survive in both salt and...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.