Latest Lamna Stories
Environmental groups and international agencies are submitting their proposals to ban trade of certain products derived from endangered species. The proposals have been issued to the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species (CITES) prior to its triennial meeting in Qatar next year. Tanzania and Zambia have requested to lift a trade embargo on ivory in order to control the amount of elephant tusks being traded internationally. Another primary concern in Qatar is expected to be...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.