Latest Lansbury Stories
Angela Lansbury, star of the Broadway revival of Noel Coward's Blithe Spirit, picked up her fifth Tony Award in New York Sunday night. Lansbury won the award for best featured actress in a play and earned a standing ovation when her name was called, People.com reported. This is amazing, the 83-year-old actress said upon collecting her prize. Who would have thought? Who knew at this time of my life that I would be presented with this lovely, lovely award. I can't believe I am standing here.
The Actors Fund Friday said it will present an all-star benefit reading of "All About Eve" on Broadway in November. Slated to appear in the one-night-only performance of the classic backstage drama are Brian Bedford, Peter Gallagher, Angela Lansbury, Cynthia Nixon, John Slattery and Annette Bening. John Erman will direct the reading Nov. 10 at the Eugene O'Neill Theatre. Additional casting, including the role of Eve, will be announced soon, the organization said.
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.