Latest Largest body part Stories
Researchers at the Museum of New Zealand Te Papa reported the eye size of the world's largest squid, adding that they may be the largest animal eyes ever discovered.With a diameter larger than a football, the eyes measure about 11 inches across, but could have been even larger when the colossal squid was still alive."These are truly amazing eyes," said Eric Warrant, an expert on animal vision from the University of Lund in Sweden."In the collapsed state we see here, they measure 25cm...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.