Latest Las Baulas National Marine Park Stories
In honor of the 14th annual World Turtle Day, Tulemar Resort in Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica, provides useful information on the best times and locations to see nesting sea turtles in Costa Rica. Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica (PRWEB) May 23, 2014 Costa Rica is considered to contain the highest density of biodiversity of any country worldwide. While encompassing less than one percent of Earth’s landmass, this tiny country is home to an estimated four percent of the planet’s species. Five of...
New analysis could help alter fishing practices to reduce mortality The majestic leatherback turtle is the largest sea turtle in the world, growing to more than 6 feet in length. It is also one of the most threatened. A major new study of migration patterns has identified high-use areas–potential danger zones--in the Pacific Ocean for this critically endangered species. This new understanding could help inform decisions about fishing practices to help reduce further deaths of this...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.