Latest Laura Brunson Stories
[ Watch the Video ] Community outreach helps technology solve water problems in Africa In the United States and other developed countries, fluoride is often added to drinking water and toothpaste to help strengthen teeth. But too much naturally occurring fluoride can have exactly the opposite effect. Large amounts of fluoride can lead to dental fluorosis and skeletal fluorosis. "Dental fluorosis is a darkening or mottling of the teeth, and you can tell very easily when people...
A University of Oklahoma environmental science graduate student will travel to Ethiopia in June to test materials she has been investigating as possible solutions to fluorosis"”a widespread problem in the Rift Valley, where high levels of fluoride in the drinking water result in dental and skeletal disease. Laura Brunson, graduate student in the OU College of Civil Engineering and Environmental Science, works with researchers in the OU Water Center on global water challenges,...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.