Latest Laura Shackelford Stories
Brett Smith for redOrbit.com - Your Universe Online A human skull that was recently found in Southeast Asia provides new details in the story of modern man´s migration out of Africa, through Asia, and beyond to the Pacific. While anthropologists have long theorized that humans emerged from Africa and into East and Southeast Asia around 60,000 years ago, there has been a significant lack of fossil evidence to support these claims. The earliest skull fossil evidence in the region had...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.