Latest Laurel Beeler Stories
redOrbit Staff & Wire Reports - Your Universe Online A federal court in Northern California ruled on Friday that a 1988 law known as the Video Privacy Protection Act (VPPA), which was enacted during the time of movie rental stores such as Blockbuster, also applies to companies that stream video on the Web. U.S. Magistrate Court Judge Laurel Beeler ruled that the law was aimed at protecting the privacy of video watchers -- regardless of the technology used to deliver the content....
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.