Latest Laurel Ridge State Park Stories
HARRISBURG, Pa., May 25, 2011 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Construction is set to begin May 31 on the new Laurel Highlands Hiking Trail bridge over the Pennsylvania Turnpike near Somerset. "Everyone involved in this project knows just how vital a new span is to the recreational enjoyment and economic vitality of the Laurel Highlands area," acting DCNR Secretary Richard J. Allan said. "The safety of all concerned -- whether hikers, snowmobiling enthusiasts, or turnpike travelers -- always...
Lane Closures Scheduled, Traffic Stoppages Possible HARRISBURG, Pa., March 4 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Department of Conservation and Natural Resources announced today that work crews have begun dismantling a bridge that, until recently, carried the Laurel Highlands Hiking Trail over the Pennsylvania Turnpike near Somerset. DCNR closed the 40-year-old span after a Dec. 17 inspection found conditions that could endanger hikers and snowmobile riders using the bridge, as well as...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.